1/5 Photos of Southern Fried Pork Chops With Creamy Pan Gravy
This is pure comfort food at it's best, mashed potatoes are a must with this! You can omit the onion if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reserve 2 tablespoons flour and set aside, place the remaining flour in a shallow dish.
- 2To the bowl mix together the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- 3Rub the pork chops all over with the seasoning.
- 4Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- 5Dip the chops in buttermilk, then dredge in flour.
- 6Heat oil and butter in a skillet, then brown the chops over medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through; remove to a plate, cover loosley with foil to keep warm(do not drain the fat in the pan).
- 7Add in chopped onion and saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes, you might need to add in more butter if needed to the pan).
- 8Add in the reserved 2 tablespoon flour to the skillet, then stir/whisk in the milk and seasoned salt; whisk or stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 9Season with lots black pepper.
- 10Serve the gravy with the pork chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Pork Chops With Creamy Pan Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.0
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 39.5 g