Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is pure comfort food at it's best, mashed potatoes are a must with this! You can omit the onion if desired.
Top Review by Boxergurl
This was amazing! I cut it down for just two pork chops, but left the gravy amount the same so I had plenty for homemade mashed potatoes! I will definitely be making this again and again.
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pork chops
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- seasoning salt or white salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve 2 tablespoons flour and set aside, place the remaining flour in a shallow dish.
- To the bowl mix together the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Rub the pork chops all over with the seasoning.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chops in buttermilk, then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet, then brown the chops over medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through; remove to a plate, cover loosley with foil to keep warm(do not drain the fat in the pan).
- Add in chopped onion and saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes, you might need to add in more butter if needed to the pan).
- Add in the reserved 2 tablespoon flour to the skillet, then stir/whisk in the milk and seasoned salt; whisk or stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Season with lots black pepper.
- Serve the gravy with the pork chops.