Recipe by Larkin
I had fried pickles once at a restaurant and decided to make them for myself. This is how I do it.
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pickle spears
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 -3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil (enough to cover the surface of a skillet 1 inch deep)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the flour, eggs, and crumbs into separate bowls.
- Put oil in pan, heat on medium.
- For each pickle:.
- Cover the pickle in flour by dipping it in the bowl and working on it from there.
- Then, dip the pickle in the eggs and quickly cover it in egg.
- Next, dip the pickle into the bread crumbs and quickly cover the pickle in bread crumbs.
- You have to move quickly or the egg will slide off of the pickle.
- GENTLY place the pickle in the hot oil.
- (CAUTION: Pickles are mostly water, so oil will pop at you).
- Once the pickle is a nice golden brown color, remove from oil and place on a paper towel covered plate. Repeat until you are out of pickles!