I had fried pickles once at a restaurant and decided to make them for myself. This is how I do it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the flour, eggs, and crumbs into separate bowls.
- 2Put oil in pan, heat on medium.
- 3For each pickle:.
- 4Cover the pickle in flour by dipping it in the bowl and working on it from there.
- 5Then, dip the pickle in the eggs and quickly cover it in egg.
- 6Next, dip the pickle into the bread crumbs and quickly cover the pickle in bread crumbs.
- 7You have to move quickly or the egg will slide off of the pickle.
- 8GENTLY place the pickle in the hot oil.
- 9(CAUTION: Pickles are mostly water, so oil will pop at you).
- 10Once the pickle is a nice golden brown color, remove from oil and place on a paper towel covered plate. Repeat until you are out of pickles!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 976.5
- Calories from Fat 815
- Total Fat 90.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 186.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: