1/2 Photos of Southern Fried Peach Pies
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe from my Great Grandmother. I can remember going to her house and sitting down to a lunch of Fried chicken, mash potatoes, green beans, fried corn, biscuits and fried peach pies for dessert. It is a wonder we didn't all die from heart disease but that is country living. These directions were written for me real countryfied so I explained best I could but you will get the jist. Make dough, fill it and fry it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 2Cut in crisco with pastry cutter or fork.
- 3Add enough milk to make dough, do not mix too much.
- 4Let biscuit dough sit for 1 hour.
- 5Meanwhile take dried peaches and put in sauce pan with enough water to cover and cook until soft.
- 6Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar and cook 15 minuts more.
- 7Remove from stove and mash with potato masher; set aside.
- 8Preheat electric skillet to 300 degrees.
- 9Take biscuit dough and pull enough off for one pie, roll it out thin on floured board. Take a saucer, place on rolled out dough and trim around it with a sharp knife.
- 10Place two big spoons of peaches on one side of dough and lap the other side over in half moon shape. Seal the edges with a fork.
- 11Fry pies in skillet until brown, then turn and brown other side.
- 12Drain on paper towels.
- 13These pies can be eaten warm or stored in a container and eaten the next day room temperature they are awesome either way.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Peach Pies
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 573.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 50.0 g
- Protein 5.6 g