Recipe by Liara
A hit movie was also named after this recipe. It's one of the first Southern recipes to be introduced to me by a neighbor when we were in Georgia. I've been hooked on them since then.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Very good. I have been over run with tomatos from my mother's garden. Thought that I would try various recipes for green tomatos. Good flavor with the breadcrumbs. I like them.
- 3 medium unpeeled firm green tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes into ½ inch thick slices.
- Sprinkle both sides of each slice with salt and pepper.
- Dip slices into milk then in flour.
- Dip into eggs then into breadcrumbs.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook half of the slices at a time in hot oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each sides or till brown.
- (If tomatoes begin to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium-low).
- Add more oil, if needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.