Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Hallmark Magazine November/December 2006. I'm considering using fresh corn that has been grilled or roasted next time I prepare this...thought processes in motion...
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Apart from using frozen corn, followed the recipe and very much enjoyed it. using frozen - even thawed - might have inhibited the absorption of the cream a little, I dont know, but overall I felt the dish was a great success!!! Liked the colourful peppers in it! Thank you Cookgirl, good recipe, made for International Agents of QUEST, USA Southern region
- 1 lb fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 slices bacon, cut up into small pieces
- 1 cup vidalia onion, diced (or any regional variety of sweet onion)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the corn kernels in a bowl and pour the heavy cream over the corn. Allow to sit while you fry the bacon and vegetables.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add the onions, bell pepper and jalapeno. Cook until onion is translucent; about 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the corn/heavy cream mixture to the pot, stirring until ingredients are mixed well.
- Stir in the salt, black pepper and sugar.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.