Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Homey, tasty, and satisfying. Great for a Sunday dinner.
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil or 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Breaded Fried Chicken
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish, pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover dish, and let marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Dry chicken pieces on paper towels.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in a plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Place several pieces of chicken in the bag of flour and shake to coat thoroughly.
- Remove from bag, dip each piece in egg mixture; then, roll in bread crumbs.
- In a large frying pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil with butter, over medium heat, and brown chicken, turning frequently (20-25 minutes).
- Remove chicken as it browns, and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk remaining 1/3 cup flour into juices remaining in pan.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and cream, and season with paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until thickened.
Very good recipe! The taste with the lemon marinade is excelent. I will do it again. Thanlks for sharing.