Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favorite things.
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- 8 cups leaves lettuce, torn (red and or green)
- 1 pint pint mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup red onion strip
- To Prepare the Dressing: In a small bowl, mash 1 tablespoon of the cheese into the buttermilk with a fork until blended. Stir in vinegar, salt, pepper, remaining blue cheese, and parsley. Cover and refrigerate (can be made 1 day ahead).
- To Prepare the Chicken: Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into 3 strips; cut each strip into 3 pieces. In a bowl, whisk buttermilk, garlic, cayenne, and salt; add chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours and up to 6.
- Drain chicken; coat with breadcrumbs. Cook chicken in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat about 7-10 minutes, turning pieces frequently, or until cooked through and golden. Drain on paper towel.
- To Make the Salad: In a bowl, toss salad ingredients with 1/4 cup dressing; place on 4 plates. Top with chicken. Drizzle with remaining dressing.