Recipe by beki_rocks
Yummy fried chicken pieces, with honey mustard dipping sauce. My whole family love this. Chicken is best if soaked overnight in buttermilk, and sauce should be made the night before as well. You may want to play around with the quantities of the ingredients in the sauce, to get it exactly how you like it.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 liter buttermilk
- 2 cups self raising flour
- salt and pepper, to season flour
- oil (for frying)
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in to long strips about an inch thick, put in a bowl, cover with buttermilk and soak over night.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together, put in the fridge and leave overnight as well.
- Next Day: Heat oil in skillet until a cube of bread browns straight away.
- Take each piece of chicken out of buttermilk, cover in seasoned flour and put into the hot oil, turning occasionally. Take out when golden brown and crispy. Normally this takes about 7 minutes. Try not to crowd the pan, do about 4 at a time.
- It depends on how many strips you cut the chicken into, or what you serve it with as to how many servings this will make.