1/9 Photos of Southern Fried Chicken
I modified my mothers recipe which she used for years. It is not as greasy as some of the fast food chicken places.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken and pat dry.
- 2Pour buttermilk into a small bowl.
- 3Dip chicken into buttermilk, covering all surfaces.
- 4Mix flour, salt, and pepper and pour into a 1 gallon zip lock bag, place dipped chicken into flour mixture and close bag.
- 5Shake bag well making sure all surfaces are covered with flour.
- 6Heat 3/4 inch of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 7Shake chicken again and put into oil, brown lightly on both sides, reduce heat to medium low and cook chicken to 180 degrees internal temperature on an instant read thermometer, turning frequently.
- 8cooking time may vary slightly depending on your heat setting.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 858.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g