1/2 Photos of Southern Fried Chicken
chef victoria #2's Note:
This is real southern fried chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill large skillet almost half full with oil.
- 2Heat to 350°F.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Mix milk, eggs, and chili sauce together in a shallow bowl.
- 5In a separate bowl place flour.
- 6Dip chicken in milk mixture coating all of the chicken.
- 7Let excess mixture drip off chicken.
- 8Dredge chicken in flour coating the whole piece.
- 9Place chicken in heated oil dark meat first.
- 10Turn chicken over to ensure even cooking.
- 11Cook until golden brown and juices run clear.
- 12Serve with my roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
- 13Tips- Don't let chicken sit after coating it with flour because the coating will turn out soggy. Make sure you turn the chicken often to avoid burning. Your dark meat will take longer to cook than your white meat. When buying the chili sauce, look in the international foods isle. The chili sauce I prefer is on the Japanese shelf. Careful, that stuff is HOT.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 223.2 mg
- Sodium 279.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g