Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another recipe from a low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium cookbook.
- 6 catfish fillets
- 2 slices bread, thin sliced
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal, stone-ground yellow
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, table blend
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Combine bread slices (torn into pieces), oat bran, cornmeal, and seasonings in food processor. Put mixture in bag.
- Beat egg whites and milk with fork until blended.
- Dip fillets in egg and then place in bag and shake gently until well coated.
- Place in prepared baking dish. Spray each piece with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.