Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good downhome recipe for any fish but especially good on catfish.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Preheat Grease to 360 degrees.
- In a bowl or pie plate or even a plastic bag place your cornstarch in and add a filet of your favorite fish. Close the bag and shake to coat the fish.
- Beat your eggs in a bowl and run the corn starched filets through the eggs.
- Mix your Corn Meal, Corn Flour, All Purpose Flour and Cajun Seasonings together in a Bowl, Pie Plate or a plastic bag and run your corn starched, egged filets through the flour mixture. Close the bag and shake to coat the fish.
- Fry for 5 minutes for an average sized filet.
This recipe is great!!!! There's something about the cornstarch that really adds something. My DH thought it was the best recipe I've ever used. I really makes a lot, so I divided the cornmeal/cornflour mixture and kept it in the frig for use the next time. Thanks for a keeper!!!!