Recipe by pcaudill
A good downhome recipe for any fish but especially good on catfish.
Top Review by KitKat54
This recipe is great!!!! There's something about the cornstarch that really adds something. My DH thought it was the best recipe I've ever used. I really makes a lot, so I divided the cornmeal/cornflour mixture and kept it in the frig for use the next time. Thanks for a keeper!!!!
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Grease to 360 degrees.
- In a bowl or pie plate or even a plastic bag place your cornstarch in and add a filet of your favorite fish. Close the bag and shake to coat the fish.
- Beat your eggs in a bowl and run the corn starched filets through the eggs.
- Mix your Corn Meal, Corn Flour, All Purpose Flour and Cajun Seasonings together in a Bowl, Pie Plate or a plastic bag and run your corn starched, egged filets through the flour mixture. Close the bag and shake to coat the fish.
- Fry for 5 minutes for an average sized filet.