- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup white cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 -10 catfish fillets (or 4 to 6 whole catfish, skinned)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cornmeal and flour in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs; add milk and blend well.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip fish in the egg mixture and coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Fry a few pieces of fish at a time in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.