Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A tender, creamy pheasant roast with a little zip and veggies
- 2 pheasants, serves 4
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 5 red potatoes
- 2 small onions
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- wash and dry pheasants in cold water, repeat this step twice.
- cut up potatoes, carrots, onions into your preferred size.
- put one can of cream of mushroom in bottom of crock pot.
- place pheasant in crock pot.
- place your seasoning and vegetables in crock pot.
- put the second can of cream of mushroom on top of everything.
- place cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- stir occasionally.
- 1 hour before serving take pheasant out and debone.
- place deboned meat back in crock pot for 1 hour.
- serve and enjoy.
Way too much salt and pepper, it should be teaspoons.
DH thought this was outstanding. I really liked it but thought it had way too much salt. I would cut the salt in half. Just to let eveyone know that the longer you cook the meat in the crockpot the more tender it gets. We found the meat nice and tender and really liked the veggie in this dish. I will make this again but will cut the salt in half. I served it over white rice. Thanks, Chef #242512 for posting.
Meat was way overcooked and tough. Shorter cooking time recommended.