Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my husband's favorite dish on the weekends, when we usually eat breakfast late. It is also my son-in-law's most requested dish when they come down for the weekend. It's easy to mix and match whatever of the ingredients you happen to like to suit your tastes. Light, fluffy, and flavorful. The sour cream will produce a very light fluffy egg, so don't leave it out!
- 12 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (NOT OPTIONAL)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms (or small jar, drained)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions.
- Saute until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add diced ham and stir until steaming.
- In the meantime, in large mixing bowl, crack and add the dozen eggs, salt and pepper to taste, one heaping tablespoon of sour cream.
- Beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the ham and vegetable mixture in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the top with the cheese.
- Stir as it cooks until the eggs are no longer shiny.
made it this morning for company. Used bacon instead of ham. It was GREAT. Everyone loved it and ate every bit!
yummy tried it this morning..my 3 year old who "hates eggs" ate it up....hoorayyy