Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Mrs. George R. Davis of Heidelberg, MS.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter.
- Add liquid and mix until moistened.
- Roll out dough on floured board and cut into strips.
- Drop in hot broth and cook, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes.
This is a good old recipe from way back. I have the same one in my old, post WWII cookbook.