Prep 6 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the only way the women in my family prepare deviled eggs. They are served at every family function. And there are never any left.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, yolks reserved
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet pickle
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickle juice, from pickle jars
- Cut hardboiled eggs crosswise and remove the yolks to a medium sized bowl.
- Mash the yolks with back of a fork and add mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Place back into egg halves and serve chilled.
I made these for a party and they were a HUGE hit. Very tasty.
This is an old-fashioned way of preparing deviled eggs which I love ~ it really reminds me of my Nana's version. They are simple to prepare and easy to eat. Thank you for bringing back some good memories with your recipe! Made for Pick~A~Chef, Spring 2008.