Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old co-worker of mine gave me this recipe, it is really easy to make and so YUMMMEEEE. I added the sour cream and ham cubes...it really adds a lot.
- 4 -6 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or any kind of cheese you have)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cubed ham (or more)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place peeled tomato slices on a doubled paper towel, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then put another paper towel on top of them to soak up some of their juice.
- Add a thin layer of bread crumbs over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Layer tomato slices, basil, onions and the ham cubes in the pie shell. Combine the cheeses and the mayo and sour cream in a small bowl and spread the mixture over the top of the pie filling (tomatoes, basil, onion and ham).
- Bake for about 30-40 Minutes. Cut into slices and serve warm.
- I hope you enjoy this recipe!