Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
tangy and refreshing! If you use English or "burpless" cucumbers - you don't have to peel
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 medium sweet yellow onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Place cucumbers and onions in a non-reactive bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours, but stir occasionally.
- Drain and serve.
Very nice salad. I think this would be exceptional with fresh dill, but unfortunately I didn't have any. I added some additional salt to mine but otherwise made the recipe as written.