Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Meatloaf with topping made of ketchup, brown sugar and a dash of yellow mustard made in the crock pot. This is an old family recipe changed around a bit to make it crock pot ready
- Sliced the potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. Diced the onion and finely dice the green pepper salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well in a large bowl the meat, diced onions, finely diced green pepper, breadcrumbs, egg and ketchup together by hand. Squish real well form into a loaf.
- spray the bottom of the crock pot with non-stick spray.
- place sliced potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot. This will help stop the sticking of the loaf and keep it from swimming in all the juices.
- Place the loaf in the crock pot on top of the potatoes being sure not to let the loaf touch the sides of the crock pot.
- mix the ketchup, brown sugar and yellow mustard in a small bowl. This is the topping.
- pour over the entire loaf.
- turn crock pot on low for 7-9 hours.
This was really good! I didn't have an egg so added a little applesauce. This didn't come out of the crock pot in loaf form but more like sloppy joes; was still good. I used red bell pepper but otherwise followed the recipe. Will make again an maybe serve on buns as a meatloaf sandwich. Made for PAC Fall 2011.