Recipe by BeachGirl
A real treat that's quick and easy! Definitely a comfort food often requested by my family in place of potatoes, grits, rice or pasta! Especially good for brunch or with any seafood meal. For appetizers, make into tiny cakes and serve topped with sour cream and spring onions.
Top Review by chia
not only was this quick and easy but it is so good! i bought krusteaz as you suggested, but i guess it was high test,used an egg,at least i did use cooking spray, with a drop of butter. this is pure comfort food to me too.
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups pancake mix (I use Krusteaz low-fat brand)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (I use Egg Beaters) or 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spray hot griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon batter onto griddle as you would pancakes, leaving enough room so they will not run together.
- Cook on medium-high temperature for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned on each side.
- Serve hot.