Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A real treat that's quick and easy! Definitely a comfort food often requested by my family in place of potatoes, grits, rice or pasta! Especially good for brunch or with any seafood meal. For appetizers, make into tiny cakes and serve topped with sour cream and spring onions.
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups pancake mix (I use Krusteaz low-fat brand)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (I use Egg Beaters) or 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spray hot griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon batter onto griddle as you would pancakes, leaving enough room so they will not run together.
- Cook on medium-high temperature for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned on each side.
- Serve hot.
not only was this quick and easy but it is so good! i bought krusteaz as you suggested, but i guess it was high test,used an egg,at least i did use cooking spray, with a drop of butter. this is pure comfort food to me too.
Fluffy but dense, moist but airy, these savory cakes tantalize the tongue with tasty contradictions. Served up with black beans or chili, liver or stews, this simple recipe will bring something new and exciting to the table. It can even been eaten sweet with butter and honey if one omits the onions. This is also an very easy recipe to play with, it's forgiving so you can add and subtract things to your picky palate's desire!
These were pretty tastey,and really different. However they don't rewarm well. We topped ours w/some butter when they came off the griddle. Yum!