Recipe by Brenda Nelson
I got this recipe off a show on Food Network. They are a heavy biscuit that I think are delicious.
Top Review by YesJesus01
I have been searching for a light, fluffly biscuit for awhile. I have found it in this one. I'm eating it as I type with butter and syrup. REALLY GOOD!!! The ONLY thing I'd change is adding some salt. But once I put butter on it, really couldn't tell the difference. My grand-daughters put chocolate chips in some of the biscuits and we cut them in cookie size. The only thing I did different was bake them at 450 for about 18 minutes because 500 always make me nervous. These are a keeper.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar and cream until the dough forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour.
- Fold the dough in 1/2 and kneed 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands.
- Gently roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour, cut dough into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.