Recipe by STARTERWIFE
Delicious old south cranberry molded salad with mandarin oranges. Tastes delicious, looks beautiful, and is easy to make.
Top Review by Watkinslady30
I made this to go with a turkey breast I made in the crockpot. I had it chilling in the fridge while the crockpot cooked the turkey. My kind of multi-tasking. I used sugar free raspberry gelatin and it turned out great. Make sure you have plenty of time for it to set up. Even if it is not set up enough to unmold, it is still pretty good because it is thick. It was still a winner!
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cool Whip, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Jello with boiling water; stir until dissolved.
- Add cranberry sauce, oranges, pineapple, and pecans.
- Lightly spray a 4 cup ring mold or pretty glass dish that it will be served.
- Add salad; cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours or till firm.
- Serve with dollop of Cool Whip (optional).