Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This stuff is wonderful, ya'll! I found a crab stew recipe in a local church cookbook and spiced it up and made it my own. It seems like a long process with a lot of ingredients, but really it's not. I hope ya'll enjoy it, we sure do.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 quart milk
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 2 lbs fresh crabmeat, may use canned crabmeat approximately 10 - 6oz cans
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot combine butter, onions, bell pepper, celery and Old Bay cook until veggies are soft.
- Next, add in your soups, milk, crabmeat.
- Simmer until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Add cooked potatoes, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
- Continue to keep it warm on low heat stirring occasionally.
- We like to add a little hot sauce to ours as well.