This stuff is wonderful, ya'll! I found a crab stew recipe in a local church cookbook and spiced it up and made it my own. It seems like a long process with a lot of ingredients, but really it's not. I hope ya'll enjoy it, we sure do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 quart milk
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 2 lbs fresh crabmeat, may use canned crabmeat approximately 10 - 6oz cans
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large pot combine butter, onions, bell pepper, celery and Old Bay cook until veggies are soft.
- 2Next, add in your soups, milk, crabmeat.
- 3Simmer until heated through, stirring constantly.
- 4Add cooked potatoes, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
- 5Continue to keep it warm on low heat stirring occasionally.
- 6We like to add a little hot sauce to ours as well.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Crab Stew
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.7
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.4 mg
- Sodium 2257.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning