Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where I got this recipe but it is a rich type popcorn ball. I don't know how long it takes me to make this so the times are a guess.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup candy corn
- 24 caramels, about 1/2 pound
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- butter or margarine
- Put popped popcorn, pecan halves and candy corn in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Combine caramels, water and sugar in the top of a double boiler. Heat over simmering water, stirring frequently until caramel mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- When the caramel popcorn mixture is cool enough to handle but still soft, with buttered hands form into 16 small mounds or balls. About 1/2 cup mixture per mound or ball.
- Place mounds or balls on a buttered baking sheet until set.