1 hr 5 mins
Paula Deen's recipe is a family favorite now. It's more like a true southern dressing though, not something you can make to stuff a turkey with but you won't care when you taste it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cornbread (any recipe making one pan will do)
- 7 slices oven-dried white bread
- 32 saltine crackers (1 sleeve)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, dried white bread slices, and saltines; set aside.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4Pour the vegetable mixture over cornbread mixture.
- 5Add the stock, mix well, taste, and add salt, pepper to taste, sage, and poultry seasoning.
- 6Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- 7Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake until dressing is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Cornbread Stuffing- Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.0 mg
- Sodium 1003.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.5 g