Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe couldn't be more southern if you tried. My grandmother used to make it when I was little. It appears at potlucks and church suppers all through the south. This is my adapatation. You can use leftover cornbread if you have it. You can make the salad ahead of time and just pour the dressing over directly before serving.
- 453.59 g cornbread
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon
- 29.58 ml celery seeds
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml sweet relish
- 9 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- Crumble cornbread into a bowl.
- add tomatoes, bacon, relish, green pepper, onion, carrot.
- in a separate bowl, mix mayo, honey, celery seed, sugar, vinegar and bullion.
- pour dressing over salad directly before serving.