Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe couldn't be more southern if you tried. My grandmother used to make it when I was little. It appears at potlucks and church suppers all through the south. This is my adapatation. You can use leftover cornbread if you have it. You can make the salad ahead of time and just pour the dressing over directly before serving.
- 1 lb cornbread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet relish
- 9 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup grated carrot
- Crumble cornbread into a bowl.
- add tomatoes, bacon, relish, green pepper, onion, carrot.
- in a separate bowl, mix mayo, honey, celery seed, sugar, vinegar and bullion.
- pour dressing over salad directly before serving.