This is how my Grandmother made it. This can also be used to stuff the turkey, chicken, etc. I have found that the stuffing has a better flavor if mixed the day before you need it then bake right before serving. If you like sage, a pinch adds even more flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion and celery in some unsalted butter until they are soft, do not brown. Remove from heat.
- 2Crumble the cornbread and toast into a large bowl, add the onion mixture and mix well.
- 3Add the chicken broth a little at a time mixing well after each addition until the mixture is moist but not soupy.
- 4Add the egg, salt and pepper, mix well.
- 5Turn the mixture into a baking dish and smooth with a spoon.
- 6Bake at 350: until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1205.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: