Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Exchanges: 1 Bread
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 cup flour
- 1 medium egg, slightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add egg and milk, mix well.
- Pour into 12x8-inch pan which has been sprayed with a non-stick vegetable spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares.
Used this recipe as the cornbread for the cornbread stuffing portion of rcipe #41535. It was excellent!