Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The best part of cornbread is the crispy outer surface. You'll need a corn stick pan to make these. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450F and grease your corn stick pan.
- Beat egg; add milk and melted butter.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add to batter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Crispy outside; just like Mom's. Wonderful recipe for bringing back sweet memories of my Mom's cooking with her wonderful, old castiron corn stick pan, as I am doing now. Thank you Molly! Made for Comfort Foods in Cooking Photos.