Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I couldn't find a corn pudding recipe here that was quite like what I grew up with. This recipe relies on the corn itself for a touch of natural sweetness instead of sugar like a lot of recipes call for.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn (or substitute another can of whole-kernel corn, drained)
- 3 eggs
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour, cook and stir about 1 minute. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly, until thick and bubbly. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Remove pan from heat, and add corn.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Pour about 1/4 hot corn mixture into eggs, stir to temper eggs. Return corn and egg mixture to hot corn mixture in pan, stir well.
- Pour into greased 8x8-inch casserole dish. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour, or until set in the middle.