Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lovely, silky side dish from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups corn (either canned or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- cracker, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
- Beat eggs well.
- Combine with drained corn, melted butter and milk; stir well.
- Pour into prepared dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs, dot with butter and bake for 40 minutes.