Recipe by GypsyAnn
This casserole is requested at every holiday by family and friends. Its elegant enough for even your most picky guests. Hope you'll try it.
Top Review by WiGal
This is an excellent corn bake! Very easy besides tasty. My oven took over an hour to bake this and next time I am going to keep it in longer than an hour. (I think my photo might look too orange, but that has something to do with me learning to edit photos-long ways to go there.) I used cornmeal not cornbread mix. Thanks for sharing GypsyAnn. Made for Pac Spring '08.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole corn (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 (2 ounce) jarchopped pimento pepper, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup yellow cornbread mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a large casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake uncovered approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your oven). You can cover with foil the last 15 minutes.