Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This casserole is requested at every holiday by family and friends. Its elegant enough for even your most picky guests. Hope you'll try it.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole corn (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 (2 ounce) jarchopped pimento pepper, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup yellow cornbread mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a large casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake uncovered approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your oven). You can cover with foil the last 15 minutes.
This is an excellent corn bake! Very easy besides tasty. My oven took over an hour to bake this and next time I am going to keep it in longer than an hour. (I think my photo might look too orange, but that has something to do with me learning to edit photos-long ways to go there.) I used cornmeal not cornbread mix. Thanks for sharing GypsyAnn. Made for Pac Spring '08.
GypsyAnn this is a great recipe and VERY much like I remember from growing up in the south. I ended up publishing another recipe because I didn't have the ingredients I needed--but yours was the inspiration! thanks for a good one.