Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another dish from an old country church cookbook--aren't those just the best! This is great as a side dish but good enough for a veggie one dish meal!
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 cup clarified butter
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Beat eggs. Chop green chili. Shred cheese.
- Combine all and put into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until firm in center.
Very tasty. I actually used 2 pkgs of frozen creamed corn totalling 40 oz. and kept everything else the same. I made a smaller separate dish for DS who doesn't like chili peppers, and he loved his as well. Mine only needed to bake for 45 minutes. Update: I froze about a third for nearly a month and have just reheated in the microwave for 8 to 10 minutes. It was just as tasty as originally.
we found this very bland and blah. Sorry it just didnt have avy flavor to our family...8 of us at Easter.
i have made this twice this month already and it was the smash recipe at thanksgiving! yum