Recipe by petlover
I made up this recipe with a bunch of things we had on hand... it tastes wonderful. Don't worry about the alcohol content for kids- the alcohol cooks off ( well most of it anyway) leaving only the southern comfort taste.
- 3 large raw yams
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (real)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil yams in water, on stove, until soft.
- After Yams are cool to touch, peel them, cut into thick chunks and put aside in 8 x 8 glass dish.
- Put rest of ingredients in deep non-stick saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high until the alcohol has boiled off ( smell gone)-stir constantly-this should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour mixture over set aside yams.
- Bake at 350 F until dish is bubbly.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.