Recipe by Vino Girl
I love sweet potatoes just about any way you make them, but my husband is much pickier about them, and this is his favorite sweet potato recipe. He doesn't want me to make them any other way now! I make these for most holidays, or just when we want something a little more special, and they have always been a huge hit. I have made this with fresh sweet potatoes, too - just use an equivalent amount, and peel, cook, and cool them before starting this recipe. They reheat well, too.
Top Review by MKT484
Last year, I was away from home during the Thanksgiving holiday and did an internet search to find the Southern Comfort Sweet Potato recipe. When I read the one here, I thought it was the original. Later when I got home and checked my recipe, I discovered that for some reason, the person who posted the recipe here tripled the amount of eggs. The original recipe calls for one egg. That is all you need! The other ingredients and amounts are correct.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put sweet potatoes in a large bowl and mash well.
- Keep mashing, adding in the butter, cinnamon, orange juice, eggs, salt, and Southern Comfort.
- Put mixture in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine the pecans and brown sugar together in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until the center has set and the edges are light brown.