Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tart Granny Smiths balance the caramel sweetness of brown sugar and Southern Comfort.
Make and share this Southern Comfort Pork Loin Chops With Cinnamon Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Southern Comfort
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups granny smith apples (peeled,1/2-inch slices)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon, juice and zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- fresh sage
- Combine first 4 ingredients, and sprinkle over the pork.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove the pork from pan. Cover and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with Southern Comfort.
- Add butter to pan over medium heat with ginger and apples and remaining ingredients, and cook 5-8 minutes or until tender and sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Serve pork topped with the apples.
These were not eaten- they were INHALED! DH and DD adored this recipe and wanted more. MY chops were larger- 1 in thick- so I had to adjust the cooking time and my sauce became much browner. They dont like nuts so I didnt garnish with them but they didnt miss them at all. The apple/pork/spice combo was a hit! Awesome recipe Rita. I
We don't drink in my house so I made a special trip to the liquor store for a few nips of SoCo and it was so worth the effort. This is a very hearty and comforting (no pun intended) meal in the cooler months.
Very good Fall dish which makes good use of garden sage! We enjoyed these easy-to-make pork chops (I used porkchops with bone-in,cooking a bit longer) with mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing!