Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one sounds good. Cherries need to soak overnight. If you make these let me know how many muffins it makes. From So Co
- 1 cup Southern Comfort
- 3 ounces dried cherries, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pour Southern Comfort over chopped cherries in small bowl.
- Cover and allow to sit for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together until fluffy. Add eggs and zest and beat well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with Southern Comfort cherry mixture.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Portion batter into greased 2-3/4 inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 400 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan to wire rack.
- Brush muffins with orange juice and sprinkle with sugar while still warm.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.