Recipe by LAURIE
WOW..these are awesome, but take some watching to not burn them.
Top Review by Rebekah of SFD
I was looking for a gluten free option for topping no-bake pumpkin pudding. I didn't have SC, so I substituted milk which is like traditional southern pralines. I know the flavor is different than if I'd used SC, but these were still very good, and topped my dessert wonderfully!
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Southern Comfort, orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread pecans in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour liquid mixture over pecans stirring until all moistened.
- Marinate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with 2 TBS brown sugar and stir til coated.
- Bake at 275 for 30-40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
- Add remaining brown sugar, stirring until coated.
- Bake additional 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Toward the end of cooking watch them carefully as they will scotch if overcooked.
- Test for doneness by cooking and tasting a couple of nuts.
- They should be crunchy not chewy.
- Cool on wax paper separating with a fork as they cool.