Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
WOW..these are awesome, but take some watching to not burn them.
Make and share this Southern Comfort Crunch Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- Combine Southern Comfort, orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread pecans in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour liquid mixture over pecans stirring until all moistened.
- Marinate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with 2 TBS brown sugar and stir til coated.
- Bake at 275 for 30-40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
- Add remaining brown sugar, stirring until coated.
- Bake additional 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Toward the end of cooking watch them carefully as they will scotch if overcooked.
- Test for doneness by cooking and tasting a couple of nuts.
- They should be crunchy not chewy.
- Cool on wax paper separating with a fork as they cool.
I was looking for a gluten free option for topping no-bake pumpkin pudding. I didn't have SC, so I substituted milk which is like traditional southern pralines. I know the flavor is different than if I'd used SC, but these were still very good, and topped my dessert wonderfully!
YUM,YUM, DH said, Damn these are good. Ive got to hide them so I have some to put in gifts. I made them just like the recipe said, They were taking a lot longer to cook so I poured them on to a cookie sheet lined with Release foil. This really helped, they got good and crisp. I stired them about every 5 minutes towards the last. I just cooled them on the cookie sheet, lined with the foil after, making sure they were seperated. Thank you Laurie for another Delicious recipe, that I will be making again for Christmas.