Recipe by Mille®
This is from the Scottish/English border region. To make it authentically British, you should use mead (if you can find it!) instead of Southern Comfort. But it's delicious either way.
Top Review by sugarpea
This dish was a lot more oily than I like to serve and there wasn't much flavor. The chicken was very tender. If trying again I would pour off the oil before frying the onions and making the sauce.
- 4 chicken legs-thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 ounces Southern Comfort
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Fry the chicken joints in the oil and butter until browned.
- Put them aside in a casserole dish.
- Make a sauce by adding the chopped onion to the oil and butter in the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, parsley, lemon juice, Southern Comfort and seasonings.
- Stir well and cook for a further 3 minutes before pouring the sauce over the chicken joints.
- Cover and cook in the 375°F oven for about an hour.