southern comfort cake
- 1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
- 1⁄8 lb butter
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Southern Comfort
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake ingredients in large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 10 inch tube or 12 cup bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Set on rack to cool for 10 minutes. Invert on serving plate. Prick top immediately; drizzle and brush half of glaze. After cake has cooled, reheat glaze and brush it evenly over cake.
- To make glaze: Melt butter in pan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in Southern Comfort.