Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Beautiful cake with a bite. Once the glaze cools on the cake it almost sparkles!! Has been a HUGE hit every time I've made it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup caramel liqueur (I reccomend Southern Comfort, hence the name)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Spray one 9 inch bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, instant pudding, oil, liqueur, and chopped nuts. Beat for 2 minutes. Then pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a cake dish. Prick with a toothpick and brush with the glaze. Allow to cool completely then brush with remaining glaze.
- 1/4 cup liqueur.
- 1/4 sugar.
- 1/8 cup water.
- 1/8 lb butter.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat.
- Brush onto cake.