Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious cake full of wonderful flavors and the added convienence of a cake mix!
Make and share this Southern Comfort Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Southern Comfort
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Combine all of the cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat at a medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10" tube or 12" bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 for one hour; cool on rack.
- Invert on a serving plate.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in water and sugar and boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the Southern Comfort.
- Prink the top of the cake and drizzle half of the glaze evenly over the top and sides.
- After the cake has completely cooled, reheat the remainder of the glaze and brush evenly over the entire cake.
- Sift 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar over the cake just before surving.
My mother has made this recipe since I can remember and it has now become a tradition for me to bring it to Thanksgiving with my new inlaws. Thank you for posting it! I don't know what I enjoy more- eating it or the way it makes the whole house smell so incredible while baking. Definitely a good dessert for the holidays!