Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes out real yummy and the chicken gets so tender. Make sure you use the chicken breast quarters ( without the wings) with the skin on. Southern Comfort is a mixture of Bourbon and orange/fruit liquer. I serve this over white rice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In deep, nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Brown chicken pieces ( both sides )in hot oil.
- Place chicken breasts in 9 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Saute garlic in pan until slighly browned.
- Add pepper, brown sugar, sage, rosemary, thyme and flour to pan and mix/cook for 1 minute over medium.
- Add Southern Comfort and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Rub salt onto chicken breasts.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let dish sit ( keep covered) for 10 minutes minimum.
- Remove cover and slice chicken off bone onto serving deep dish.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve over rice.
Very delicious. I had chicken thighs defrosted and that's what I used instead of breasts. I had to add about 3/4 cup of chicken broth to the sauce when it was completed because the sauce seemed to thicken up too much. I also only had 100 proof Southern Comfort (WhooHooo!! hic ).. I couldn't taste the alcohol, really. Very flavorful dish. Thanks petlover!