Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This makes for very tasty collards. THE AMOUNTS ARE GUESSES, and probably not good ones, but it wouldn't publish without them :) The secret to these is the broth. Use as much or as little as you like used in combination with water. One bunch of collards will also feed quite a few people, so that info is also a guess. The pot liquier is awesome for cornbread dunking.
- 1 bunch collard greens, cleaned and stripped of the dense stems
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (or more)
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 ham hocks or 1 ham bone or 1 salt pork
- Pile it all into a large stock pot, bring to boil and simmer till done, about 2 hours. Add as much stock/water as necessary, and replenish as necessary throughout the cooking. I really don't know how much, as I've never measured.