Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This southern classic is quite rich and should be served in small slices.
Make and share this Southern Coconut Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar and stir until mixture is heated through.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until filling is deep golden brown and set, about 40 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- (Can be made one day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.) Garnish with shredded coconut, if desired.
- Makes 12 servings.
A coconut lover's dream pie. It's easy to make and delicious.
Very good - everyone enjoyed it.
All we can say round here is yummy! Cindy